Monday, June 20, 2011

Monson Tryon, 6-20-11

Argy

Hey fam!!!

Hey muchas gracias for all the birthday wishes. I loved all the movies and still haven’t come close to watching them all. I did have a great birthday yesterday surprisingly. I wish I could send some of the cool pictures we took. Yesterday I didn’t tell a single person it was my birthday but I received many birthday wishes anyway.

The day started off great with a very yummy American omelet made by my companion. Church was so awesome because the ward is still on fire and we had six investigators at church and the members treat them awesome. Three of the six are getting baptized this Saturday. Blanca, friend and neighbor of Ma and Pa, and Maxi and Silvana Morales. They are all so awesome and I love them! Maxi is the ironman runner. He and Silvana get married Friday and baptized Saturday! A future eternal family! (is there anything that can make a missionary happier?) After church our ward mission leader Hermano Morales who is the dad of maxi invited us over for an asado (argentine BBQ) the whole family was there. It reminded me of our family dinners just a little smaller. Hermano Morales was inactive for the past 30 years and about 5 months ago started back since his daughter and granddaughter got baptized, and now his son maxi is getting baptized sat. There is only one left. He was called to be ward mission leader about 3 weeks ago and has been working like crazy, almost too much! Its awesome because he has given us references like crazy and drives us around all the time in his car. They sang me happy birthday in English and Spanish then I almost got my face smashed in the cake when they told me I had to kiss it before cutting it, almost...

Another part member family, the Costa family also sang happy birthday to me which was cool but the cooler part is that the dad (the only one that isn’t a member) told us how he needs to get baptized and how the members have been helping him. He is the brother in law of Hermano Morales.

At the end of my birthday we went to ma and pa. Ma had called us Saturday night telling us to come over but didn’t tell me she was going to prepare anything. Ma and Pa, their two daughters, Blanca and Tina (another neighbor that’s a good friend of ours) were all waiting for us with an amazing argentine dinner and of course more cake and singing after. They even had gifts. I got a nice dress sweater and a pair of socks (they know us missionaries haha). None of them are members yet but soon to be, starting with Blanca this Saturday. I love them all so much! My happiest birthday ever! It really feels like home here. I love Argentina! I love so many people here! I really don’t think we deserve all the love they give us! Nothing makes me happier.

I got to go. Love you all so much!!

Elder Tryon

No comments:

Post a Comment