Monday, June 13, 2011

Entonces...
June 13, 2011
Treven Monson Tryon

¡Buen Día!

Yes I’m staying! Lots of changes in the zone this transfer but me and my good bud Elder Boyd are staying together for a 3rd transfer! I will be with him longer than any other companion I have ever had and it’s great! I love this ward so much, there is nowhere else I would rather end the mission. We got tons of work to do.

We already got 7 lined up for baptism and they are all awesome! We have tons more than are about there as well!

Yesterday we had 9 at church. We were expecting about 18. Just about always it’s like that, where half of what we have planned show up. It was our stake conference. The whole thing was done by satellite. Elder Zivic from the seventy, one of the ladies in the relief society presidency, Elder Anderson and Elder Packer all spoke. It was awesome! Elder Zivic is definitely a native spanish speaker because he spoke perfect spanish, Elder Packer and the Sister had their talks translated and Elder Anderson struggled but did his in spanish. I have to always use my spanish after the mission because I don’t want to have to struggle so much speaking it.

We’re having troubles again with the family we’re teaching with the catholic dad. He again isn’t letting them be baptized. I couldn’t believe it! We were suppose to go out there for one last lesson before their baptismal interview and no one was home. When we called them the next day they told us the dad again wasn’t letting them get baptized. We told them not to worry, that we would pass by in the morning before the interview and talk with him. When we went by we had a lesson with the whole family (including the dad). We went over all the baptismal interview questions right then and there with the dad. We then asked the dad if he disagreed with anything and that is when he went off. I really don’t know what the root problem is but he started using every excuse he could think of from Saturday being the Sabbath day to Joseph Smith not being in the bible and not being able to have any other scripture that isn’t the bible. I almost flipped because we had already been over all that. I think that was the most heated I have even gotten in a lesson ever! But I didn’t fight back like I really wanted to. We listened and finally said that his daughters believe this is true and asked him if he would let them be baptized like they want to do. He said no, then used the excuse they aren’t old enough to really make a sincere commitment with God. We listened and listened and it ended on a good note at least with him telling us he liked us coming by and teaching and that the family can all participate in the church. I really don’t know what else we could have done. I think there is still a chance though.

Oh did you guys hear about the volcano that erupted in Chile? It was about like 10 days ago. Lots of the places in Argentina right on the border of Chile in the mountains are just covered in ash and the people can’t leave. Monday it started arriving here and has been off and on all week. Yesterday was the worst because of some bad wind. It’s just weird because sometimes it will just be like really hazy outside or there will be like small flakes of ash in the air.

Well hope everyone has a great week! Love ya´ll!!!

Elder Tryon

No comments:

Post a Comment