Monday, July 18, 2011

Elder Monson Tryon, 7-18-11

Completely Argentine

Hey familia!!

Alright, I know I only got a week left and this is probably my last email but I don’t want to talk about that. I’m not nervous or sad, I’m just a normal guy trying to finish out my mission =D

The picture is of my great achievement from yesterday. It’s just showing how really old I am in the mission.

We had a baptism and it might have been one of our smoothest I’ve had in the mission. It was for 10 year old Francisco. Maybe the only problem we had was the not too warm water. He came out of the water with a big gasp, poor little guy. You could tell our ward is doing good because even with a ten year old getting baptized there were about 50 people there. Probably a fourth of them were investigators and less actives.

We have two more baptisms for this Saturday that I’m really excited for. We are going to baptize every week now without stopping.

The Morales family in our ward is on fire. The dad is the one that was inactive about 30 years that is now our ward mission leader. His son is Maxi Morales that recently was baptized. Yesterday they took us to "el campo" with some friends for lunch. It’s like a ranch in the middle of the desert way far from anything, and it was cool cause it had a little wild spring that they got water from. We did an asado (Argentine BBQ) that was so good. Afterwards we got to share some chocolate chip cookies that my companion and I made for dessert and then a little spiritual thought. It was cool because there were like 30 people. The Morales family was just talking up a storm with everyone about the church and us missionaries. Made me feel special :)

Well I’m about to go start the best week of my mission so I’ll see everyone in about a week and a half! Love ya´ll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Elder Tryon

No comments:

Post a Comment