Monday, May 16, 2011

Monson, 5-16-11

Well Hello!

Querido Familia

No pictures this week sorry, computer isn’t seeing my camera.

Dad you always sound super busy! Keep up all the good work your doing! Mom you just keep writing me, that’s just as important :D Rachelle seems to always be doing something too, I hope she invites me to some stuff when I get back!

This week was another awesome week. We are teaching more than we ever have and having many more people in church. I think we have really gained a lot of confidence from the members because they are helping us a ton and giving references. So much better working with the members! Seriously, you can go a loooong time and begin thinking that there isn’t a single person ready for the gospel in your whole area when you try finding people by yourself, but as soon as you start working with the members it’s like your area changes from being the worst to the best and you have tons of people to teach! I love this ward!!

My companion got sick again this week. He ate some more Beef Empanadas and we’re thinking that’s what made him sick because last time he was sick it was after eating the same. This time he didn’t want to goof around so we went to a members house and gave him a blessing. He has been doing better since.

Yesterday I got to confirm Fabian in sacrament meeting, way cool experience. Oh and I forgot to tell you that the week before I did the naming and blessing for a baby in sacrament meeting. Never had done that before and I was really nervous because they asked me at the last minute. I didn’t know what to do because it’s against the rules for missionaries to hold babies and no one came to help us so it was just the bishop and I that did the blessing, so yes I had to hold the squirmy little fella.

Oh another kind of comical experience. The elders from the other ward found a personal document and credit card of some lady that lives in our area so they gave it to us to return it. When we went no one was home so we left a note and our phone number. That night a man called us saying he was the husband and he would come pick up the document. I just flat out told him we didn’t trust him and wanted to give it to it’s rightful owner. I guess he got offended because when we went there the next day to give it to the lady, she came out and just started like lecturing us about our lack of confidence. I was just thinking, “ What the heck?!! Why yell as us?!” But we just listened. The document ended up belonging to her daughter. It was just funny because she came out and started lecturing us like she wanted to argue and all we wanted was to just be good people. During her lecture she even threw in that she is from a different religion (I don’t know what that had to do with anything). But then finally at the end she was like, hey you guys are good kids, I have always wondered why you are always out and about. I would like to listen to you guys sometime. Haha! Afterward I was really glad we didn’t start arguing with her like we both wanted to.

Well hope everyone has a great week! Love ya´ll! Oh and mom you should call Elder Boyd´s mom. I talked to her a sec on mother’s day and she is way cool!

Elder Tryon

No comments:

Post a Comment